History & Vision
Strong Partnerships Through Innovative Solutions!
15 Riel Drive
St. Albert, AB
From the Basement to the Business Park
Strong Partnerships Through Innovative Solutions!
Private Corporation established in 1995
Quantum's founder, Tony LaGrange, obtained a B.Sc. Degree in Chemistry and worked in many areas of the industrial and commercial coatings industry. His niche was providing products and technical assistance to address environmental and performance requirements to the specialty coatings market. In true entrepreneurial spirit, Mr. LaGrange began first in his basement where he was the consultant, research and development chemist, manufacturer, shipper, purchaser, receiver and bookkeeper. He expanded to his garage, but in short order leased a facility in Edmonton and began to grow his team of experts.
In 2010 he built his own state-of-the-art R&D and test laboratory and manufacturing facility in the Riel Business Park in St. Albert, AB, along with an excellent reputation for formulating solvent-free elastomers and fire retardant coatings.
We continue to work closely with our clients to provide customized solutions.
We take the time to understand your concerns, do a feasibility analysis and
realistic project completion dates. By working closely with our customers,
Quantum has become an established industry leader of a diverse line of
Quantum Chemical Corporate Video
For a three-minute synopsis of our company, learn more about our story the
short video at the right and best viewed full-screen.
Anniversary Corporate Rebranding
Original Logo: 1995
New Business Name & Logo: 2012
Corporate Rebranding: 2020
Quantum’s 25th Anniversary came in on the wave of an unprecedented pandemic and unexpected global turmoil, carrying dire predictions of severe economic uncertainty for the foreseeable future. We have always embraced a good challenge and consider twenty-five years a significant achievement AND perfect time to consider the relevance of our current brand. So despite all the pandemonium, we forged ahead with great optimism for Quantum’s future, adding Hand Sanitizer to support our customers and community, and continuing business as usual.
This marks an important milestone on our journey building a modern brand. Over the past 25 years we've been constantly growing, adapting, and evolving to meet the rising expectations of our customers. Our new logo was officially implemented in August, 2020 as an integral part of our corporate rebranding to both reflect and enhance the evolution of our mission and vision.
We have always aspired to be the epitome of chemistry: the scientific discipline involved with elements and compounds composed of atoms, molecules and ions: their composition, structure, properties, behavior and the changes they undergo during a reaction with other substances.
Our company's greatest strength has always been our robust Research and Development Team and focus on solving industry challenges with innovative new products.
- Innovative: coating solutions that are zero VOC to exceed legislation requirements and satisfy industry challenges
- Resourceful: coating solutions that withstand the most demanding environments
- Efficient: coating solutions that help our clients with their productivity in getting their important things done consistently
- Tenacious: we formulate, test, formulate, test, tweak, test … independent testing … solutions … satisfied customer(s)
That will never change!
Our company is also the epitome of synergy: the interaction and cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects.
- Staff: work together as a cohesive team
- Clients: client challenges become our own; we are not satisfied until they are successful; we don’t just work for our
clients, our team becomes part of their team
- Industry Professionals: consult and exchange information with architects, engineers, specifiers, to support our customers
- Vendors: solid relationships with suppliers help us to be on the leading edge of new technology in the chemical industry;
logistic partners help us provide the best rates and timely deliveries to our customers
- Environment: global leaders setting new standards in environmental stewardship; utmost respect for our environment
- Community: we are with you - on your commute, at work, at home, at play, protecting your assets, saving lives;
we are everywhere – facilities, equipment, infrastructure; we are part of our community
- Government: work closely with all authorities to ensure products satisfy code requirements
- Philanthropy: support community organizations; look towards a better future inspiring the next generation of innovators
The intent of our new logo is to capture the chemistry and the synergy. It features a contemporary and purposeful design that is bold, strong, simple and clean. The orbitals, a two-color graphic representing Quantum and each entity we partner with, move in synergy with one another, representing our dedication to all our partners - especially our customers but equally all our professional and personal relationships.The sense of movement captures our forward momentum as we adapt quickly to the constantly changing demands of our industry.
A corporate brand is designed to send a quick, non-verbal message about a company. A powerful way to achieve this is understanding the psychology of color and being deliberate in color choice. Teal is a combination of the original popular blue, blended with green - highlighting our choice to formulate 'green' coatings. We made this color transition in 2012.
TEAL falls into both the blue and green spectrum of colors and carries the positive emotional response of both. Blue is the most used and popular color chosen for corporate logos. It is considered trustworthy, dependable, secure, responsible, confident. Teal is the new blue that sets us apart. We formulate innovative solutions because we think outside the box.
Green is synonymous with calmness, safety, and freshness. Teal, as one of greens various shades, creates a unique brand identity. It tends to be associated with health along with the feelings of peace, serenity, growth and new life and is synonymous with environmental responsibility. It depicts wealth, health, prestige, serenity, generosity, safety, growth. As a cool color, Teal also creates a sense of calmness and security.
BLACK is another popular color option for brands and is one of the most classic options. Both classic and sophisticated, it makes a brand identity stand out. It works perfectly with luxury products, blending the classic and powerful elements. We strive to take the 'basic' out of our coatings, making them both functional and aesthetic. Black can be easily combined with others to add a stronger emotion, without losing the classical appeal. It depicts prestige, value, timelessness, sophistication, power. The combination of black and teal depict our strength as a company, the boldness of innovative thinking, environmental responsibility and the trust and loyalty we share with our partners.
The design of the verbage in our logo also speaks volumes about who we are.
• We reverted to the original font chosen in 1995, (regular instead of italic), because it is clean, bold, strong and the most popular online and reproducible logo style.
• Kerning is very precise, both between letters and between the words - like our very precise formulations.
• Quantum is in caps; Chemical in upper and lower making each line exactly the same length - the importance of balance in our formulations to achieve the desired properties for each particular market application.
• The Q in Quantum is slightly larger, highlighting the QC as we do follow strict Quality Control protocols on all our products and corporate processes according to our ISO 9001:2015 Quality Control System.
This new look communicates the essence of who we are - a cutting edge manufacturer with a strong focus on partners, quality and innovation.
We commemorate our previous brands, but at the same time look forward to the future. Additional customer service personnel are joining our team to support our strong R&D Department and together we will continue to forge strong, loyal partnerships. Customer satisfaction will be our legacy. We want to thank you for choosing our products and services and look forward to working with you as part of your team in the future.
Mission and Vision Statement
Quantum Chemical continues to be a Global Leader in innovative specialized coatings – in particular, fire resistant and environmentally sound protective coatings. Through ongoing efforts in research and development and a team approach to
problem solving – Quantum will continually improve life safety and contribute to the preservation of infrastructure.
Quantum will maintain a work environment where the dignity of the human person is paramount, while providing competitive compensation, a stable future for our families and a fair return for shareholders. A professional approach and an attitude of stewardship shall characterize every undertaking. Levity and good-natured camaraderie will be the norm between all employees.
Quantum will always consider the needs of its customers to be its driving force and will endeavor, through every good means, to provide solutions while ensuring that no harm is ever intentionally done to any person.
Quantum will always remain an example of uncompromised values and acknowledge that God is the source of all of our accomplishments.